Friday, July 11, 2008

My Antique Store Goodies

Well, I know y'all have been on pins and needles waiting to see my goodies that I got from the antique shop a few weeks ago. I love the picnic basket and it was a bargain at $10 and even came with the adorable gingham bow. The apron and potato masher were only $3 each!! I love aprons, especially vintage ones and at that price could not pass it up. I also collect vintage kitchen utensils. I have plans for the masher which I will show hopefully by Monday. I never intended on only posting on Wednesdays, but it seems to have turned out that way. The next picture shows my picnic basket in action(well, its just sitting there, but it is incredibly cute!!)
I got the strawberry platter at Goodwill, my home away from home, and the old tin strainer and strawberries came from different antique shops. I think someone-maybe me one day-needs to host a vintage kitchen swap. Wouldn't that be fun??

Hope y'all have a great night!! Hug your husbands and babies!!
Elise

2 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love your picnic basket! I got one back in May for $1 at a garage sale. It kind of looks like yours! That would be fun to do a swap! I always read about people doing swaps but never know where they do them from or how to do one...but it sounds fun!
I like your other finds too! Makes me want to go to Goodwill tomorrow!

Katie said...

(Gaaaaassppp!) Love the picnic basket! I'm addicted...ADDICTED...to baskets...esp. old picnic baskets! They are so beautiful, and you can't deny their functionality (I have gazillions of old magazines, that I still read, tucked away in several old picnic baskets!).