Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some steals and deals

I bet y'all were thinking you might get to see the finished table. Well, if you know me by now, you would know it might be a while before you see it again!! As in, it took me a few years to start it, it might take that long to finish it.
I got to go yard-saling and thrifting Friday. I was looking for a bookcase, but instead found what you see pictured. The milk crate(?) was $2 and we will use if for blocks. I went to an antique shop Friday afternoon and saw a similar one for $39.99. I would say that I got a deal!! I also got that cute rose print fabric for 50 cents a yard and have about 5 yards. The fringe I got for $5.00 total and it is about 7 yards. I am going to try my hand at tassel making a la Susie and Nester. I love theirs and would totally buy one if I didn't think I could do it myself. For some reason I feel bad saying that. Susie has a squirrel that I think needs to come live here, but when I emailed it to my mom she said, "You're not going to buy that, are you? You are crafty enough to make it yourself!" So, blame it on the mom...Sorry girls. I also have a 'thang' for embroidery hoops(not that I know how to embroider) and pick them up when I see them. And the rooster basket will hang on the fridge and hold coupons. Thursday night I got a super cute cottage-y mirror that I plan to paint the frame of and paint the mirror with chalkboard paint. Forgot to take a photo of that, but I will, along with a photo of its metamorphosis.

Jackson has been asking for a croquet set and we finally found one at a church thrift shop for only $2!! Today, he and his Daddy got to go out and break it in.

That's all I have for now!! Hope you all have a great Sunday night!!
Elise

6 comments:

Picket said...

Morning girl..wow you did find some great deals....I love it when that happens especially when you have seen the same thing at a store for 10 times the amount you paid for it! lol Thanks so much for coming by and for the sweet note you left...hope you have a great week!

Katie said...

I love your new finds...esp. the milk crate! I'm always on the hunt for those, and you got it for an incredible price! I also LOVE that fabric! So pretty! We've been meaning to pull out the croquet set and play. We need to do that...

Katy said...

Great deals and finds!!! I love the lil rooster basket the best!!! Too cute! :) I hope you have a GREAT day!

Amy R. said...

Hey...Great finds. That was not what I was picturing when you said milk crate, but that's a great piece for storage. I can't wait to see your mirror/chalkboard!
I need your help on how to get links to other sites on my blog so I can put you on there.

Julie said...

Well, Miss Elise!
You are one of the best thrifters I've seen! I'm not sure which is my favorite find -- that milk crate is really "speaking" to me, though!! And what a great idea to put blocks in it!
But now... the one that really touches my heart is that croquet set. Those pictures of your husband and son, playing, are too sweet.
Blessings,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the Cory/Jackson croquet in the backyard pics!! There is nothing that warms my heart more than my man and my son at play, but the fact that the toys were so inexpensive really sets it on fire!! Keep up the good blogging, and check out all the new pics I added to some of my older posts at http://www.xanga.com/kidzandK9z Love Misty