Friday, April 24, 2009

The Motherload!!

I hesitated showing y'all all of this, lest y'all think I'm a shopaholic!! Jen told me about Wendy at The Shabby Nest and her Frugal Fridays and urged me to post my goods. So here they are!! Amy called me this morning to tell me about her neighborhood yard sale. Her neighborhood is HUGE!! I was originally going for a pew that she saw. I didn't care for the pew, but did find lots of other goodies!! The enamel topped table came from a local antique shop and was only $15!! I love it and it is going to be my new computer table. My current computer table will go to the craft/school room for my sewing machine.

Looking ahead to Fall...these scarecrows were only 75 cents apiece!!

Oh, my gosh!! I fell in love with this chandelier and it was only $3!! I am either going to use it as is in my kitchen or put it in Lilly's room. The only problem I foresee is that it plugs into an electrical outlet. Have y'all ever converted something like this??


This one house was a vintage wonderland. The couple that lived there were older than my parents and her aunt had made these Christmas decorations above. My photo doesn't capture just how special these items are, but trust me the handiwork is great.

On to the tabletop. Love this lantern!! The frames were a great deal as well. The doilies came from the vintage wonderland and I plan to frame them along with some others I already have. A metal embroidery hoop...be still my heart!! I love the milkglass planter!! The little chair is just precious too, and I can see it in the Fall holding a pumpkin.


This game was only $1 and I thought it would be great for family game time and for social studies!! Fun and learning in one fell swoop!! Woohoo!!
Thank you for taking the time to look at all my goodies!!





18 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Check out all this AWESOME~NESS... You scored!!!

Joanna said...

Oh my! Those are some awesome finds!!

Anonymous said...

I almost didn't look because I knew I would be so JEALOUS!
sure enough.....;)

Georgia Girl said...

WOW...awesome stuff...love the light fixture.

Elise....have you seen any of those frogs/spikes planters at any of the yard sales you go to? I am looking for some. If you come across would you be willing to pick me up a couple of them. I would be glad to send you the money first.

Bahama Shores Mama said...

that table is to die for! Love it all....

DairyQueen said...

WOW! that is some great stuff!! Your garage is going to be looking great LOL just kidding! can't wait to see what you do with it. I am in love with that chair!

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin Beck said...

Wow girl... You really made out!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Robin~♥

Robin Beck said...

BTW: I deleted a post that I wrote on here from my "tester blog"(Another Robin Beck Original) that I forgot I was signed into. It's a private blog just between my mom and I to share pictures with her and try funky things I might want to put on my Robin's nest blog... Duh on my part not signing out of it before I posted here on your blog...
I'm thinking I need a diet coke and some chocolate!!!!!!
TGIF!

DairyQueen said...

oh, by the way, I LOVE the table! It it is very cute!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

The chandelier is really, really promising!!!! $3.00???? Score!!!
If you need to attach it to the ceiling, cut the chain to the length you need, and the wires about 6 or 8 inches longer. You need the buy the thingy (don't know the name) that will go on the ceiling...any Lowe's person can help you with that...connect, and you're done!!...no need to rewire or anything! Have fun!

Unknown said...

All the great stuff!! What a SCORE!! That lantern is fabulous and the chandie will be absolutely perfect in your kitchen. As for wiring, you can change the plug-in to hard-wire, no problem. If you don't know how (or hubby doesn't) leave it to a professional. Electricity is tricky sometimes!
Enjoy your weekend!!
~TinaW

Lara said...

AWESOME! Neighborhood yard sales are one of the things I miss the most about the South! They have town-wide ones here (because most of the towns are SMALLER than the neighborhoods there) but they're just not the same!

That chandy would go great in my kitchen over my little table. We even have a plug high up on the wall that we've always wondered what it was for :) Maybe there used to be a plug-in chandy here too!

Love it all!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Wow, Elise! You hit the mother load! Congratulations on your treasures! I wish we could come and play that new game with you... Lori

Angie said...

I love all your goodies! All you have to do to hardwire the chandelier is cut the cord and chain off where you want to hang it and thread it through a ceiling canopy that attaches to your ceiling box. They sell the kits at any home store. If I can do it...anyone can do it. I have bought 3 chandeliers and did this to hang them from my ceiling. Make sure the wiring is newer and not frayed before ya do it though! You did great!! I love vintage Christmas, too! Lovely!

Stephanie said...

I've seen that game a few different places.
I think we'd like it!

I love the table, too. :)

Elyse said...

hi elise!

fabulous goodies. the chandelier has big possibilities!

xo

Tami said...

Just happened across your blog....what wonderful finds!! I have a table similar to the one you found that I use for my computer and art/craft desk...it was a family piece that has been passed down.

Your blog is adorable! Do stop by....I have two blogs....and I am having a giveaway on A Girl's Gotta Nest!

Have a great day!
T