Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dummercracks and Birdie Swaps

First the funny, then the pretty!! This morning Lilly found this Presidents and the First Ladies thing we got from Chick-Fil-A and wanted me to read it to her. We started with Woodrow Wilson. I said, "Woodrow Wilson was born in X date and passed in Y date, he was a democrat like Obama..." As soon as I said the part about democrat, Lilly said, "Ew, Jackson, he's a dummercrack like Bomer!!" I thought I would die laughing!! You just can't make that stuff up!! :)

Okay, on with prettyful things. Here is what I sent to Heidi, my partner for Lori's Birdie Swap. Heidi doesn't decorate in bright colors, just lots of white with touches of blue and brown. I made her a scrapbook papered D, for her last name's initial. That gorgeous paper came from Michael's and is new there. I then made yo-yo's in varying sizes and sewed them together making a brooch that she can either leave on the letter or wear. I made the sign, the bird silhouette, the tag, bought two birds, an embroidered tea towel, and some eggs.

The sign was made from a drawer front I rescued from an old home that was being torn down. I just stenciled the word NEST on it and shabbied it up a bit.

The eggs in their little nest of spanish moss and sheet music.

I loved this towel as soon as I saw it. I should have gotten myself one. Maybe they will be there when I go back??

I made the bird silhouette from my Storybook cricut cartridge and layered the images on top of toile scrapbook paper.

Here is a closer look at the D. I tied the yo-yo brooch on with light cocoa colored velvet ribbon.
Okay, thanks for looking!!
Oh, on a side note, my in-laws are moving to Chicago and are leaving tomorrow. If y'all would pray for safe travels for them that would be appreciated and also, my mother in law spilled hot coffee in her lap the other day and has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns in areas you wouldn't want to be burned so if you would pray for her comfort on that long drive, that would be great too.
Happy Thursday!!






14 comments:

Jill said...

You are SO talented! What adorable swap items!
I'll pray for your in-laws! (ouch!)
Blessings!

Joanna said...

That is too funny! Oh what great items you sent! She was very lucky!

mysteryhistorymom said...

LOVE it all, Sweetie! Heidi told me she did, too!:) She loved having you as a partner. Don't we all??:) Lori

Anonymous said...

Dummercracks? Hilarious. :):)

FUn package! Love what you did with the salvaged drawer front!

praying for the in-laws....

Angie said...

I love the silhouette that you made..that is so pretty with the toile! That is just awful what happened to your MIL..I hope she is going to okay! My brother lives in Chicago, too..it is a fun place with so much to do..they are going to love it!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh my goodness...Children are so funny!

Love all the goodies as I love anything you create. I really know this is one of the reasons why I am so drawn to many of the ladies on here because of the talents they posses. I love seeing all the different ideas. I want to do a silhouette also and was going to ask how so many get the pic to look so profressional. I see using a cricut really does have lots of things you can make. That would be a great thing to sell in an etsy store of things like that. Do you ever think about selling those cut outs? If so, I would love to buy a cutout of a bird. I am so getting into the birdie stuff since Spring has sprung.

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful creations.

Hope your motherin law gets over the coffee spills...I know I have been burned before and how much the pain is but just imagine in the groin area is aweful.

Have a good day, well as well as you can this raining day in Georgia. I guess you are getting some rain also?

Em said...

those darn dummercracks! LOVE the items you sent!!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I ADORE the things you sent Heidi! OUCHIE on the burns... and FUNNNNNY... "dummercracks and bomer" Spike is gonna LUV that!

Unknown said...

Too cute!

Love all your things your swap partner is a lucky girl!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I got the biggest laugh out of dummercrack! It was so good I shared it with my husband and we laughed really good again! You are right you just can't make that stuff up. Out of the mouth of babes. Those swap goodies are great! Great swap partner that you are! Jackie

DairyQueen said...

Oh - that is too funny! You're right, you can't make that up!

You certainly fixed Heidi up!

sherri said...

Cute stuff-You people who sew, paint, and scrap etc. jus' amaze me! Is there anything you can't do?? You have a lucky swap partner! Can't believe what happened to your MIL- ouch!

Katie @ Domestic Debacle said...

Lilly is my HERO!
I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.
Love the birdies, too cute!

Yarni Gras! said...

What a lovely birdie package you made....just wonderful!

Dummercrat...hmmmm.....sounds like she is right on the 'money' with that comment! LOL