Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Springtime Brown...

I love getting inspiration from other bloggers. Clarice, of Storybook Woods, has been doing a Spring color series and I love the idea!! So, I share my Springtime Brown. I got the itchin' to redo my mantle last night and this is what I came up with. Its a little sparse, but I love it!!
I kept the window from my Easter mantlescape and just added a cocoa brown pot with shamrocks, a framed crocheted R, books, and a plate.

I got this frame from a thrift shop. It was originally brass, but a little antique white spray paint took care of that. That idea was inspired by Cherry of Cherry's Jubilee. I am telling y'all, there is nothing that lady cannot do!! I am lovin' Michael's new paper line!! I wish I could find some fabric like that brown floral. Oh, love...

Me and my boys...Cory got that Willow Tree for me for Christmas. I love it!!

The plate on a stack of books. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven when I found those plates at Goodwill. I love the brown floral going on!! I have seen other sets which I snatch up quickly. The bird was a $1.50 find from Old Time Pottery. The thing is heavy!!
Thank you for checking out my Springtime Brown mantle!! Happy Tuesday!!



14 comments:

~~Deby said...

love this look...I too am a plate snatcher...Goodwill, yard sales..etc...how can one resist...
deby

Hadley said...

looks great! I love those plates too. where did you get the crochet R? Not goodwill?!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Everything looks lovely, Elise! I want to go thrifting with you someday...:) Lori

Mark said...

A) L O V E the plate and all the other goodies on the mantle.
B) The grape-vine wreath is great, I leave mine out year 'round! (Maybe because I live in "wine country" of the CA valley?)

My MIL gave me a plate at Christmas that is brown tones. It is a Christmas scene, and I absolutely love it!!! It is definitly not traditional, but simple and classic. thank you for sharing your mantle with us.
~TinaW

Jill said...

So pretty!!! I love it! I love brown and white too...
great job!

Rambling Girl said...

Love all your decor...I never thought about spray painting frames till I saw so many bloggers doing it.

Love the crochet, I tried to do this but never could get a hang of it.

I have been on the hunt for a mantle also. I don't have a fireplace but thought don't need one...then I saw where Eddie Ross used one in a show and he put a mirror in the bottom part so that is what I will probably do.

Lipstick and Laundry ~Jen said...

Oh it looks so fresh... I LOVE it!!

V and Co. said...

funny i have that same plate hanging in my kitchen!
as for the fabric i got it over 4 years ago, in california when we lived there...but i bet if you get online or google it, you can get some online store that would have a stash somwhere! good luck my friend!

Carrie said...

Looks good I love the Willow Tree figurines!

Desiree said...

That is beautiful! I should have you come do my mantel. I have no clue what to do with mine. I've never had one before...hehe

Momma Snail said...

Elise,
Hey! I live 30 minutes from Hadley! We are meeting up tomorrow. I'm so excited! Can't wait to meet you, too, one day!

Storybook Woods said...

Very charming indeed xxoxo Clarice

Ruth said...

It's elegant and beautiful. What a lovely mantle.
Ruth

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Clarice has one of my favorite blogs! Your fireplace mantel looks wonderful!

Manuela