Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Great golly, vintage goodness!!

I got to go yard-saling{BY MYSELF} this past Saturday...it was a great sanity saver!! Boy, were some people offing some vintage goodness. I got the Singer sewing machine for $2. No, that was not a typo!! Yes, its a little rusty, but its cool!!

This batch of goodness was only $4 total. The candleabra was just $2. The books were only a quarter apiece as was the wire basket. Two of those books are hymnals. I was psyched to find those because both my neighbor and I were wanting one. I have an idea for my kitchen where I plan on using some of the music pages.

Okay...this sale was awesome for me, too. I was just getting the tape measure, vintage Nancy Drew book, and puzzle when I saw a man working the sale sitting in that chair. I asked if it was for sale, too, and it was!! Only $3!! I tell y'all, I lucked up that day!! The total for all of that was $5. Awesome day, I went home happy and sweet. Sweet no doubt from being pumped up from my McD's coffee and cinnamon melts!! Talk about yummy!!
My total for the day...$11. Not bad, huh?!?!


15 comments:

ThriftyAnnabella said...

That chair is great - my grandma and grandpa still have their set and I've always admired them.

Joanna said...

Oh my goodness...My mother had that same sewing machine in the cabinet thing (so technical!).

You really found some great things!

Rachel Berry said...

The chair is completely fabulous!

And i USED to have a sewing machine like that until my husband Threw it away while we were cleaning out our storage room. I found out about it being chucked after the dumpster left my house. Sniff.....

mysteryhistorymom said...

Wow! Great treasures, Elise! Took my advice on the cinnamon melts, huh?:) They are addictive! Lori

jen said...

I'm so jealous of your chair!! I've been looking for a good deal on one, but around here it seems everyone knows that ladies like us are after them. They mark them way up and the cheapest I've found was $25. I'll keep hunting!!

Jen

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

You did GREAT! $2 for that sewing machine - how awesome!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

AMAZING finds... Love the green chair and tape meassure!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Lucky girl! I NEVER find that many fun and fabulous goodies!!

Jill said...

Oh my word!!! I am tellin' ya! you are amazing! *sigh*
treasures!...again!
Blessings!
Jill

Ruth said...

What great buys. I especially love the sewing machine. My friend has collected many of them and given them a good cleaning and they all work. Is it a treadle machine?

If you want info on cleaning it and finding missing parts let me know.

Enjoy your treasures.

Ruth

DairyQueen said...

You know I want that chair!

I rode through that little town between our houses twice this week, and those chairs are still against that building! I so need to stop and see if I can get them!

I'm loving that sewing machine! Where's it going to live in your nest? It would look great anywhere!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh my goodness. I LOVE that chair...what a steal!!!

Abatevintage said...

Hello I ventured upon your site, it's beautiful. Thank you for sharing your wonderful yard sale bargains with me. Please feel free to stop by my blog any time.

Cheers,
Heidi

aimee said...

awesome finds! i love when i find good stuff for my home :) you did great.
blessings,
aimee

Amber said...

Wow, great chair! Will you paint it up?