Monday, November 30, 2009

From gaudy to Oh Lawdy!!

Y'all have all seen those gaudy gold paper mache reindeer, right?? I got some from Goodwill a few years ago for next to nothing. Then, sometime later, I got some pinecones that had spanish moss and glitter on them. That gave me the idea for these deer.

Here are the deer before...

And afterward...
What?? You want to know how I did it??
Okay...assemble your ingredients.
*You will need the gaudy deer. You can find them at Michaels. Or Goodwill.
*Glitter...I used Martha Stewart Smoky Quartz.
*Mod Podge
*Spanish Moss
What to do...
*Put your spanish moss in a large bowl and attack it with scissors. You want small pieces of it.
*Water down your Mod Podge.
*Using a sponge or brush, paint on your watered down Mod Podge, starting at the bottom, sprinkle the spanish moss, then sprinkle the glitter. Lather, rinse{or don't}, repeat. Enjoy your beautiful, non-gaudy, woodland deer!!
Oh, I also made the wreath, using some sugar pinecones from my sister-in-law's cabin, little pinecones from Michaels and a grapevine wreath. I just used my glue gun to adhere the pinecones.


6 comments:

Jill said...

OH Lawdy is right!!! looks great!!! so pretty now!
Blessings!
Jill

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

They turned out GREAT, lovin' the after... The pinecone wreath is lovely...

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

They are super cute girl!! What a fun idea.

Georgia Girl said...

Oh goodness I remember those reindeer...my grandmother used to have them in the 70's but I love how you revamped them to today's charm.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Ruth said...

Very cute. What a great idea. I have seen these reindeer everywhere.

Ruth

Unknown said...

I love these deer! They did turn out awesome. . .