Monday, August 4, 2008

Poppyseed Chicken


Per Katie's request, here is my Poppyseed Chicken recipe. I did kind of forget the original recipe, but some things don't really need measurements anyway.

Poppyseed Chicken
1 lb. chicken, cooked and cut up
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
8 oz. sour cream
poppyseeds-however much you want to add

for the topping and bottom
2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
poppyseeds-again, use your discretion
11/2 sticks butter, melted

Mix the Ritz crackers, poppyseeds, and melted butter, pour half of the mixture into an 11x7 inch dish.
Combine the 1st 5 ingredients together and pour over the cracker mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the crackers over the chicken. Put into 350 degree oven and bake about 30 minutes or until crackers are golden brown and chicken mixture is bubbly.
Enjoy!!

*I forgot for a while that the recipe calls for a bottom crust, if you like you can omit that and halve the recipe for the topping.
*If you want to make this an even quicker recipe, you can buy a rotisserie chicken or the pre-cooked chicken strips.

4 comments:

Katie said...

OH, YUMMY! I have been so excited to take a peek at this recipe! (I know my momma will be excited, too!) It sounds great, and my husband (Mr. Picky) actually likes poppyseed stuff, so I am betting he will like this! I cannot WAIT to try it! THANK YOU!!!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, my, how I love Poppyseed chicken! I think I was first introduced to it when my sweet MIL made it after I hade my first child... yummy! Can't wait to try it myself!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh does that sound good! Mmmm

Lea

Maggie R said...

Just rolled in on my surf board and boy could I use a serving of this chicken.....It sounds soooo delicious.... I am going to try this for sure.... Thanks so much for sharing!
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie