Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Birds of a feather...

Oh my gosh, y'all, I received a very lovely package today!! I participated in Lori's Birdie Swap and had Heidi for a partner. Let me tell you, Heidi did not disappoint. Look how cute it was packaged!! Love the bird confetti!!

Love the twine!! So natural and rustic...That box on the right has scallops, y'all, scallops!! I love me a good scallop. The shape not the food!! ;) The bird tag on there is so sweet, too.

Another sweet box, with a bird on it!! Look at all that bow...Heidi knows how to make things super special!!


I see my name...love it!! Growing up I could never find anything with my name on it. This just tickled me!!


All of my goodies...beautiful cards, a robin print, tags, book plates, earrings-wore those today, stickers, a make-up bag, two bird plates.

"to each bird, it's own nest is beautiful" Look how gorgeous these cards are. I will have to take the ribbon{actually seam binding} off and take another photo. These cards are one of my favorite things in the package and I plan to frame one. Can't get any better than a bird with a crown, a nest, and a skeleton key tag...And those colors...be still my heart!!

These plates will look lovely in my chocolate dining room.

The book plates on the left are going to be great to mark my decorating and craft books. Cookbooks, too. Love the bird tags on the right. I do have quite an affection for tags, lately.

The bird in the frame is just so pretty and Lilly took it upon herself to place it on the mantle. I am getting her trained early. ;)

Love the fabric of the make-up bag!! Great colors!! I am forever misplacing my lipsticks in my purse{or rather, Lilly is constantly "borrowing" them!!}, hopefully, this will help!!

The lovely robin print that I also plan to frame.
Thank you, Heidi, for such a lovely package!! Thank you, Lori, for hosting the swap and for giving me such a great partner!!










11 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

WoW what a beautiful package!! Stunning presentation!

Heidi said...

Elise, It was a pleasure to be your partner!!!....I am so touched that your entire post was about your swap box!....I think I put up all the things you sent, so quickly that I forgot to photograph them!!...I will have to take some pictures tomorrow!....Heidi XO

mysteryhistorymom said...

Elise- Your package took my breath away! Oh my! Love those cards!!! I adore you and Heidi- so glad you could take part in my swap!:) Lori

Anonymous said...

LOVED this swap!
What fun goodies you got. :)

Jill said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a delightful box of goodies- wrapped so pretty...enjoy!

Unknown said...

Boy howdy do I love all the stuff you got! Darling goodies and it sounds like your partner really knew what she was doing when she got your name. I was soooo glad to catch up on your blog. I'll -stalk- er I mean, catch up to you again soon.
~TinaW

Joanna said...

What great birdie items you received!

DairyQueen said...

WOW! Great stuff there, girlie!

Darlene said...

Your partner did a FABULOUS job!!! What cute birdie swap items.

Yarni Gras! said...

everything is so beautiful! and the packaging....wow....

Pamela said...

I stop by from time to time and when I saw this post I started to drool! Well not really but almost excited as you were to receive your goodies! I went right over to Etsy and purchased a set of those gorgeous note cards from Wendy! They are truly beautiful and she was super quick in getting them out in the mail. They will be coming all the way from Australia! I may just burst with excitement when they get here! Thanx for sharing your goodies!
I am going to be framing one of them and placing it in my brown and blue half bath!
Terrific blog!