Sunday, March 8, 2009

Making Friends

I got to meet a blog friend Friday!! I have been reading Hadley's blog for some time now and she comes to visit here as well. Recently, we realized we lived in the same state and planned a visit. I was so worried that we might not hit it off. That turned out to be a waste of time!! We had a blast!! I don't think there was much of a lull in conversation. Hadley is so sweet and cute and precious in person!!
When I arrived at her home, she had written on the chalkboard, "Welcome Elise". So cute!!


Here we are. I am the one in blue.

Hadley gets an A+ for hospitality!! She had towels rolled up in a bucket with a bottle of water in there also.


My room had fresh flowers and a tray with toiletries and little gifts.

Here is a closeup of the tray. She was so thoughtful!! That night we ate at a wonderful little mom and pop restaurant. Their bar-b-que was awesome and the twice baked potatoes top any I have ever had. Saturday morning we went to their local bakery that is run by some Mennonites and had the BEST cream cheese danishes. They were awesome!! Also, there was a yard sale in front of the bakery and I got a brass chandelier for $2. Actually, Hadley bought it and wouldn't let me pay for it. She said because I let her use my scrapbook paper. Whatever...Thank you though!!
This is sometime after Hurricane Hadley and Earthquake Elise hit!! We made a BIG mess, but it was so much fun!! I think our brains quit working sometime after midnight. Did I mention we stayed up until 4am??

This was one of our little projects. We just took canvases from Wal-Mart and cut out letters from my Cricut. I think I forgot to tell y'all that I got one right after Christmas. It is awesome!! Worth every penny...

Here is a banner we made for the baby shower Hadley hosted on Saturday. I could get addicted to these...
You can see more photos on Hadley's blog.
I had so much fun meeting you, Hadley, and cannot wait for our next visit!! Thank you for your hospitality and friendship, Hadley!!













10 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

WoW... you guys did have a GOOD time, I can tell by the crafty "mess" a true sign of FUN! Cute projects!

mysteryhistorymom said...

I am SO EXCITED for you, Elise! It sounds like the absolutely most perfect visit!!! You guys are both so cute!! Lori

DairyQueen said...

It was a great time! I wonder if our husbands would let us get together once a month?! My house still hasn't recovered from the natural disasters!

Thanks so much for making the drive...can't wait to see what you do with the chandelier! If it goes in the bathroom, I might have to have a bubble bath when I come to your house!

DairyQueen said...

btw, I changed our picture...yours is really much cuter!

Anonymous said...

Oh how FUN!! And what adorable projects. :)

kari and kijsa said...

What a fun time & a new friend!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Michelle said...

Thats fantastic that you met someone on the blog! Glad you two had so much fun...the evidence tells on you:)

Ruth said...

It looks like you all had an amazing fun time.

How wonderful to meet a blogging friend.

Ruth

Joanna said...

How much fun is that!? I would love to meet a bloggey friend in real life. Sounds like y'all had a great time together.

Katy said...

How fun!!!! So glad you guys had such a great time and that Hadley was such a wonderful hostess!!!