Friday, January 9, 2009

From Christmas tree to Valentine's feather tree

Okay, so I really wanted a feather tree for Valentine's after being inspired by this one. I looked high and low for one. I told Jen about the idea and emailed her the link. She found a pink tree at Big Lots. I didn't really want to do that since it wasn't what I wanted. Sometimes though, all it takes is a little creativity to get what you want. I did end up going to Big Lots and finding this beauty for only $2.50. I decided since I could not find what I wanted without spending lots of money, I would make this little tree into what I want.


This is my new feather tree!! All I did was remove the lights, got my heavy duty wire cutters and just cut away the branches that were in the way. Now I have a much sparser tree that I love and on a budget!! Now, I just need to make some ornies and she'll be ready!! I also plan to paint the pot that its in. What do y'all think??













9 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

OHHHH Elise, come to CA and cut mine... I LOVE it... You aren't going to use the lights hmmmm... I am jealous... I am scared to cut mine, somehow I think I might get a different result??
LOVE it...

mysteryhistorymom said...

Elise- You are sooooo creative! I may have to check out Big Lots today... Lori

jamie said...

I love it! Very creative and cute! I love when something can be transformed into something even better. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Saaaa-weet!
LOVE it!
Now I wish I would've picked one up that was on clearance...my daughter was begging for it but I just thought, no, we have too many Christmas decorations....no more room. Not even thinking about Valentine's Day!!! Can't wait to see your ornaments! :)

Em said...

Very good hair cut! I have always loved the look of the feather trees but they are so expensive (the real ones) - you just created the same look for a couple bucks!!

Georgia Girl said...

Elise...this is adorable! I saw lots of cute things at Big Lots this week also. I like what you did...I took my silver tinsel tree and made it my valentine tree and will use it for different holidays throughout the year till I get tired of a tree in my living room. Well I know you want have any problems in creating some ornaments as creative as you are. Can't wait to see what you come up with..please do share!

Ruth said...

I love it!! So cute. It's a great idea.
Ruth

Cindy said...

Hey Elise, just wanted to pop over and let you know that there is a little something for you at "Life is in the Details".

Have a blessed Friday.

Hugs,
Cindy
www.homesimplehome.blogspot.com

The Runyans said...

you inspired me. . .check out my blog to see my tree!