Saturday, January 31, 2009

What I gave to Lori...

I guess you all know by now that I am totally addicted to swaps. I tried to quit. I really did...
Anyway, y'all already saw all the goodness Lori sent to me, so I wanted to share what I gave her. I love to do stuff for the children, sometimes, too. I decided to make Lori's girls Valentine's aprons and gave them a few treats. I covered old formula cans with scrapbook paper and added wire for handles. I guess I forgot to take a picture of those...bummer...They were very cute.

I made Lori a ruffled apron, a bird tassel since she loves birds and tassels. I also gave her silver XO's, angel wings, love birds, a cherub, apothecary jar with peanut M&M's, and a tag I made.

Here is a close-up of the apron. I loved this one!!


I just painted the tag{it was off-white, originally} and glued shell buttons on.



Here is the tassel I made for Lori. I{my husband} just drilled a hole straight thru the bird and strung the ribbon thru. If you want to make your own tassel you can find a tutorial here.
I had so much fun putting together Lori's package!!




6 comments:

joyfullness said...

Okay..seriously!!
i gotta have an apron girl!!
What lovely things you made and gave!!
Lucky Lori!!
Joyfully..
me

mysteryhistorymom said...

I LOVE everything, Sweetie! Honestly, I cannot get over all the fabulous goodies you sent to me!:) The apron is yummy, yummy, yummy and the bird tassel is my new favorite treasure! I need to find the perfect place for her.... You were so right about the colors! I am going to post pictures later today and I got some cute pictures of the formula cans you covered.:) Your creativity is amazing, Sis!:) Lori

Katy said...

OH! I love everything! You gave some GREAT stuff! :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What wonderful things you made! I love them all, especially the bird tassel. How beautiful. You are very talented!

Jen

Anonymous said...

LOVE. IT. ALL.
I saw the formula cans on Lori's blog...super sweet!

Georgia Girl said...

I agree with Joy...you need to make some aprons to sell...that is simply adorable.

Love your tassel...I bought some stuff also to make one..I love these little works of art. So cute!

I am beginning to get into swaps...I was overwhelmed by what I got this past week from two swaps I did...I can't wait for the next one I am doing...