Friday, January 2, 2009

Va Va Voom, I'm an Ingrid!!

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are an Ingrid!

mm.ingrid_.jpg


You are an Ingrid -- "I am unique"



Ingrids have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.



How to Get Along with Me

  • * Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.

  • * Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.

  • * Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.

  • * Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.

  • * Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!




What I Like About Being an Ingrid

  • * my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level

  • * my ability to establish warm connections with people

  • * admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life

  • * my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor

  • * being unique and being seen as unique by others

  • * having aesthetic sensibilities

  • * being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me




What's Hard About Being an Ingrid

  • * experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair

  • * feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved

  • * feeling guilty when I disappoint people

  • * feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me

  • * expecting too much from myself and life

  • * fearing being abandoned

  • * obsessing over resentments

  • * longing for what I don't have




Ingrids as Children Often

  • * have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games

  • * are very sensitive

  • * feel that they don't fit in

  • * believe they are missing something that other people have

  • * attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.

  • * become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood

  • * feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)




Ingrids as Parents

  • * help their children become who they really are

  • * support their children's creativity and originality

  • * are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings

  • * are sometimes overly critical or overly protective

  • * are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed





Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz
at HelloQuizzy

Wow, this is pretty accurate!! Almost kind of scary...let me know if you try it!! Oh, Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

Robin Beck said...

Hi Elise! I'm back from my blogging break! I hope all has been going well for you and your family in your new place.

Thank you so much for being such a sweet friend and for your comments and prayers!

I took this test and I was Bette Davis - I could not believe how true to me it was. It was majorly off on a couple of things but for the most part it had me pegged!

I do hope you have a blessed New Year! I look forward to hanging out in the blog world with you!
Love,
Robin~♥

mysteryhistorymom said...

I am Doris Day! It had me pegged! Thanks for sharing!:) Lori

Laura said...

I am an Ingrid too! See that is why we are good blogging buddies! Happy New Year!

Laura :)

Marie said...

I'm Ingrid too! :o)

Katy said...

Hi Elise!!! :)
I don't drink coffee...but my hubby does..why? :)

OH..and I have your dishcloths about ready. I hope you will like them! :) I made a bunch in different colors. I hope that is good with you!
Just email me your address when you want and I will send them out to you!!!! :o) Hope you have a wonderful day!