Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fun Mail and Crafting

Katy, from The Country Blossom, has recently learned to knit. Since I was wanting more dishcloths and I remembered she liked a tote I made, I contacted her to see if she would be interested in bartering. I just got the dishcloths yesterday. They are awesome!! So soft and have a pretty, delicate, almost lacy edging. I already used one, too!! Thank you Katy!! They are perfect!!

In crafting news...Lilly is turning 4 on Sunday. We are having a birdie party, inspired by looking at the Pottery Barn kids catalog. I have been wanting to make a mobile for some time and this party gave me just the kick I needed. Here are the birds in their in between state.

I also wanted to make a wreath for the door. I thought I might wrap the floral fabric around the grapevine wreath, but didn't care for the way it looked, so I just tied a bow with burlap and strips of the floral. That's a little better...


I thought maybe the birds might give it just what it needed. What do y'all think??




Speaking of wreaths, I just loved the one Joyfullness made. I have so many embroidery hoops that I get from Goodwill and used it. I just tied strips of fabric and ribbon around it. It is my Valentine wreath. I love the way it turned out. You can click on the picture to see it closer up. Again, my photography skills are lacking. My poor camera is so embarrassed to be seen with me.
What kind of craftiness have y'all been up to??



11 comments:

Katy said...

YAY!!! I am so so so glad you like them Elise! :)

I absolutely love the birds on that wreath!!! Too cute!

And I love the other wreath you made too! :)

Best of luck with the birthday party! :) It sounds wonderful!

And I can't wait to get the bag (no rush) but I know it will be wonderful!!! YIPPEE!!!! Thanks Elise! xoxo

Michelle said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am new and love visitors and comments! Your wreath is so cute that you made, can't wait to see party pics! Stop by anytime!

Unknown said...

I love the wreaths they are so good I might have to copy!

Anonymous said...

LOVE those birdies...did you hand stitch them? What a cute party decoration they will make!
oh, and Great Job on the wreath!
~jes

Joanna said...

Love your crafts! The birds are so cute.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh- Happy Birthday Lilly! A bird party!!! Can I come?? After all, I am family.:) Love your decorations, Elise! You are so blessed with the gift of creativity. Precious! I love the wreath you made and pulled out some of my hoops, too! I made a tiny one and LOVE it! Thanks for the tip! Joy is amazing, is she not? She sold that darling one that she made already.:) Lori

DairyQueen said...

I love the wreaths! They are adorable! I might have to do the valentine's wreath too.

I am working on a bulletin board for the girls' room. Hopefully I will get it up on my blog after the weekend. I'm headed for a ladies' retreat tonight!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

WoW the birdie wreath turned out SUPER cute, and of course you know I love the Valentine wreath!

jamie said...

Handknit dishcloths are the best!And the birds are adorable. I have been loving all of your posts lately. You are so creative! In fact you have inspired me to paint the brass chandelier hanging in our new home instead of buying a new one! Thanks!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I am catching up. Love the dishcloths! Hmmm, what could I barter? Love the vintage swap goodies. I was too late to do that one, and love your valentine wreath that you made with the embroidery hoop. What a great idea. Have a wonderful weekend. Jackie

Tausha said...

How unsmart am I? I never even thought to use an embrodiary hoop. They have those all the time at the thrift store. Now-I will buy them all and make wreaths for everyone I know~my sister will be thirlled!!!