Monday, January 5, 2009

One more Christmas post and I'm finished!!

I meant to post this earlier, as in before January, but whatever. Here it goes. Of course, I cannot move my pictures around and they are so flipped. I signed up for the Pink Christmas swap way back in July. I saw it on Lori's blog and had to sign up. This swap was a little different because the same two people are not partners and it is a secret. Anyway, to my surprise, Lori had me!! I was so excited to see her name on the box on my porch!! And she told me to go ahead and open my box(we were supposed to wait until Christmas). Oh my goodness!! Lori spoiled the mess out of me!! Okay, pretend the above picture is at the bottom. That photo is from the second box of goodies Lori sent. Yes, I said second.


A super cute squirrel ornament was in the first box. It didn't take well, but maybe you can click on the picture and see it better.


I love this cookie jar so much!! I saw it in some store(not sure where) and exercised self-control in not getting it, so imagine my surprise to find it in my box of goodness!! Some super yum truffles...bliss!!



Lori made me this awesome bracelet. It has cream, chocolates, and mother of pearl buttons. Love it and have gotten so many compliments on it!!




The Susan Branch calendar I absolutely love!! Each month has the cutest illustrations and quotes. February, Lilly's birth month, is perfect for her..."One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats." Iris Murdock. Lilly is always asking for a little treat-treat. That girl lives for treats. Lori also sent some Bob Books for the kids. They are cute little books that the kids can read themselves. Not entirely, of course, but Jackson loves to try to read them to me. He is so proud when he does.
The second box contained the book Lilly is holding in the first photo, a squirrel stamp that I somehow neglected to take a picture of, but is super cute, and a beautiful bracelet that Lori made for my Mother-In-Law for Christmas. You can probably go to Lori's shop to see a similar bracelet and I know she would be more than happy to make a custom piece just for you. Valentine's Day is coming up soon, you know...
Thank you so much, Lori!! You are a great friend!!
*On a side note, Lilly just came up and saw her picture. "Who is that? Oh me, holding a book and wearing Jackson's clothes, ugh..." So dramatic and so funny!!



6 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

WOW...you did get some great goodies from Lori...she really does make the cutest braclets. Enjoy your loot!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Elise- I am so glad that you like everything! I was thrilled when I got your name in the mail to be my partner!!!:) You are so much fun! Lori

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

WoW lots of squirrel goodness! I love SWAP mail... It is the greatest mail of all!

Tristan said...

thank you so much, I knew God had a plan when he let me start a blog. It was to be comforted by sweet people like you.

Michelle said...

Happy New Year...trying to catch up..looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Robin Beck said...

Isn't Lori just the best!!!!
I love everything she got you, she always puts so much thought into her gifts!
Have a great week Elise!
Robin~♥