Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Alpaca...

A few weeks ago, when my nieces were up visiting, we went to an alpaca farm. It was interesting. The alpacas are so gentle. Crazy looking, too.
This one just layed down and posed for pictures. Fisher enjoyed petting her.


Here is Lilly feeding one a carrot. Alpacas love carrots. They are like candy to them.


Another shot of Fisher. I was surprised at how well the animals did.


Somebody needs to pull their shirt up!! I couldn't resist getting in a picture myself. This was before I put Fisher down. Of course, these pictures are in random order...


My two "big kids" with the alpaca. I think her name was Samantha. Aren't the funny looking?? They had just been sheared in April, I think. They are quite furry normally.


Jackson did well feeding one also.

I took this picture when we first got to the farm. These are two male alpacas fighting. They fight to see who is going to be the babies' daddy. Really, they do. Kind of a macho male thing, I suppose. This was a fun little field trip. I would really encourage y'all to google search an alpaca farm near you. We learned a lot and had fun!!








7 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Elise- you are so super cute! And so are your little ones.:) Not so sure about the alpacas, though- lol! Glad you had a fun trip! Lori

DairyQueen said...

I have to agree with Lori ~ y'all are a super cute family!!

The alpacas look like great fun!!

Joanna said...

That looks like a lot of fun! We love anything to do with animals...We would love to live on a farm and own a bunch of different farm animals!

Jill said...

So cute!! Love the alpacas hair!! :)
What fun! and your sweet family is precious!!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Els... Super cute pics of you and the kids... Now the alpacas... they just make me laugh!!

Maryellen said...

I'm impressed at how brave all the kids were. I'm an adult and I wouldn't want to be in there with the alpaca's. I DEFINITELY WOULDN'T feed one. I'd be afraid it would bite me.

=)

Em said...

vavava voom! Looks like you had a blast :) I am blogging about your super wonderful & awesome swap package tomorrow :) !!! And guess what... I'll actually mail yours before next summer too! I'll do it tomorrow.. I will I will... I just went and bought you more stuff today... it's a sickness