Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hello, my name is Elise and I'm a shopaholic...

The day started out innocently enough. Kids climbing into Fisher's crib with him. Me changing his diaper and giving him his bottle. Wondering why my husband wasn't freaking out when it was almost nine o'clock{he has to be at work at nine}. Cory told me his boss told him to just come on in at eleven o'clock. I thought he was kidding for a minute. Anyway, we decided to go get breakfast. Afterwards, the kids and I went to the local thrift shop. I felt drawn there AND it was on the way to Wal-Mart, which is where we were supposed to be going.
Found a brand new Guesstures game, still sealed and for only $2.00. We love to play games with friends. Also found a blue and cream sheet which is going to become a patriotic pillow among other things. A toaster which we badly needed. Hopefully nobody powdered arsenic in it!! Love me chunky frame!! I am thinking I am going to paint it antique white, distress it and put a small, aged American flag in it.


I loved these frames. I think they are going to get another paint job.

Everytime I would go into Belk, I would see bowls similar to these. I never did buy one, cause I cannot stomach paying upwards of $15-20 for one bowl.


A subtraction puzzle for the kids. Jackson said, "I can do homeschool later!!" He is not so super excited about homeschool and wants to go to "regular" school. Too bad, kid...


Is this cream pitcher not cute?!?! I am going to put little American flags in it a' la Cherry. I couldn't resist the orange latte bowl. So cute!! I will probably use the doily for Valentine's, but in the meanwhile Lilly can put it in her kitchen.
Thanks for looking at my junk. I promise I don't go shopping everyday!! Hahaha!!
Oh, while on the subject...I am looking for metal embroidery hoops. If you have an aunt or grandma who has some and would like to get rid of them, I would love some!!




10 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

GREAT goodies... You found some fun finds!

Unknown said...

Wow! I need to hang out with you more often. You have gotten some great deals. Love the microwave in the last post. That is exactly like the one I need...LOL

Rachel Berry said...

Hello Elise........

Did you catch that AAA response I had to your post title. :)

I too am a shopaholic and there's really not a whole lot my hubby can do about it. I'm pretty sure it's imprinted in my DNA.

Love your stuff and I'm with Desiree I loved your microwave. I've been looking for one of those myself.

;)Rachel

mysteryhistorymom said...

You got some fabulous goodies, Sis! Wow! I am impressed! Lori

cherry said...

SHEEEEEE scores big time! cherry

DairyQueen said...

i just don't have your eye! I need you to come take me shopping every week!

Em said...

I love the pitcher so cute... great stuff!!!

Ruth said...

Great finds. I'm a bit of a shopaholic, too.

Ruth

Elyse said...

hi elise!

i think i may be a shopaholic, too. i went to tj maxx to buy teacher presents last week and also bought myself some goodies. eeek!

nice to see you! your blog looks great.

xo
elyse

Amber said...

You rock! What great finds they all are. I especially love the black frames, the pitcher (I've been looking for one of those), and the red bowl. I love that bowl.