Friday, June 12, 2009

Wish they all could be California Girls...

Don't know what that song has to do with this post, other than its about my two fave Californian's. Emilie and I have been partnered for a few swaps before, and when she hosted her first "mini swap", she partnered me with her best friend, Jenny, whom I've adopted as my new bf as well. Paris Hilton has nothing on me!! Just kidding!! I actually like my friends.
Anyway...
When I saw Emilie was hosting a Shabby Garden swap, I emailed her and asked if she wanted to swap. Of course she said yes. So, here is what I sent her.
Not the chair...duh!! I made a pillow out of placemats embellished with a yo-yo brooch, a chicken wire cloche, little candleholders made from baby food jars, a ruffled dish towel, a painted polka dot pot, paper plate holders, and some metal and button flowers. I also gave her a bird, pumpkin seeds{cause we love us some FALL}, and two signs that I made.


The "fleurs" sign was not quite as cute originally, but some paint and stenciling took care of that.


I made the "jardin" sign with wood and my cricut. Tied on some fun ribbon and voila!!


The chicken wire cloche...boy I love these girls, cause let me tell you, I didn't have gloves and my fingers felt it!! When a craft involves chicken wire, wear gloves!! I topped it with a glass knob from The Mothership, Hobby Lobby. I remember eating off those wicker plate holders when I was a little girl, only they weren't so festive.
I have to say, I am sooo thankful Emilie "introduced" me to Jenny. I think Jenny and I talk almost everyday. In fact, the other day, Cory said to me that if one of us were to go on vacation, we would probably still call one another. Whatever...
Anyway, Jenny shared on her blog the other day about some super cute, vintage towels her Mom made for her play kitchen. I asked if her Mom wanted to adopt me and guess what?? She did!! I checked the mail the other day and this was in my mailbox. Jenny's dear Mother made this sweet towel for Lilly's kitchen. I heart it so!! Jen also gave me this card from her Grandma's stash.

Thank you so much Emilie for pairing us up for the Thanksgiving swap-I am so THANKFUL!!
Thank you Jenny and a big thank you to OUR Mom ;), y'all are too sweet!!






13 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVE the chicken wire cloche! That is brilliant! I saw something similiar to that in a garden store and I would have had to take out a second mortgage on my home to buy it...so I passed. Thanks for comin over to sign up for my giveaway..good luck!

Hugs ~ Angie

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I love all the goodies you made Emilie, and that chicken wire CLOCHE... AMAZING... I think I might actually enjoy being outside in a garden with all those wonderful gifts!

Laura said...

Very cute!! The chicken wire cloche is adorable! How nice for her to send Lilly the towel for her kitchen. Have a great weekend!!

Laura :)

Georgia Girl said...

Elise...You have so many great things you sent! Love the chicken wire cloche. Oh and the cute cards...I still have my birth anouncement.

Jill said...

OHHHH my word!!!! The chicken wire cloche!!!!! Be still my heart!!!!!- you need to open an etsy...I would be your first customer!!! :)LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all those goodies!!! but that cloche!!! *sigh*

Farmgirl Paints said...

You are good. Loved the chicken wire thingy too. Have a great weekend.

Katy said...

I love the stuff you sent her!!! Such beautiful things! :)

Diane said...

Very clever. Swapping sounds like fun!

Amy R. said...

I love everything! You did a great job on the cloche and the baby food jar candle holders are so cute and usually so expensive in the stores. What a fun swap! I would have loved to do that one if I had the time!

Tristan said...

cute stuff!!

thanks so much for the sweet comment!

Em said...

I think it's funny that you picked the two most UN-Californian girls :) We both rather be wrapped in a blanket sipping hot cocoa than being outside in the hot summer (California) sun :) And we LOVE Fall, you are SO right on that!

Joanna said...

Oh what awesome goodies she is going to receive!

That chicken wire cloche...OH so fabulous!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Elise!
OMG - I want to be your swap partner. I LOVE all of those things you made. And that chickenwire cloche is AMAZING! SO Cute!!!

XOXO
Jen