Thursday, June 11, 2009

What's for dinner??

Chinese!! More specifically fried rice, chicken, and asian coleslaw.
For the chicken I just crushed several cloves of garlic and poured soy sauce on it. I let it marinate for a couple of hours. Then I sauteed the chicken. I assume most of y'all know how to make fried rice?? So, I will share my asian coleslaw recipe with y'all. This is actually my cousin's signature dish for the holidays. It is so good!!

Asian Coleslaw
2-3 oz beef Ramen noodles
2-81/2 oz coleslaw mix
1 cup toasted almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup vinegar

Mix coleslaw, nuts, and onions together in a bowl. Whisk beef seasoning packets, sugar, vinegar, and oil together. Pour over coleslaw mixture and stir well. Before serving crumble noodles and add to mixture.
Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Sounds delish! I love Asian food and I am so scared to make it at home maybe I should give this one a try.

You can link up to my What's For Dinner Thursday Post if you'd like.

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Yummmm sounds good!

Georgia Girl said...

Cool..I was gonna suggest you link this up to Joanna's What's For Dinner? I love seeing all the great recipes people share.

Funny you mentioned everyone knows how to make fried rice...ok this one does not so please share.

The whole meal looks so yummy!

Jill said...

YUM!!! Thanks for the salad recipe...I had something like that at church and always wanted the recipe! :)

cherry said...

I have never made it at home. I know I should try...it is better for ya. cherry