Friday, June 26, 2009

Busy living life...

Seems I've been MIA lately...I will say it was great!! I was able to catch up on laundry-I haven't been caught up since we moved in in November. It feels awesome!! Cleared the dining room table off. You can see the before in this post. Scary, but now nice. Enjoying the children. That is my favorite!! I don't want their memories to consist of Mommy sitting on the computer saying, "wait a minute". I don't want to miss what is going on in the here and now with them. I know that one day I will turn around and they will be grown. I know{at least I've been told} that one day I will miss this time of them being small.
Just sharing a few pics from the week...in random order...

Baby jail. {Don't worry, no babies were harmed in the making of this photo.}
The kids thought it would be funny to put this hat on Fisher. Amazingly enough, he kept it on for a long time.

The boy is walking. Circles around the house. This day they were marching around and around. See our trash bag?? White trash...Hahaha!!


Homeschool year end pool party.

Tea parties, movie times{where I fall asleep}, hmmm...sounds like movie time!!

Father's Day. I made Chess Cake for Cory. Lilly wanted him to have a candle so while shopping at Publix, I got a number 6 candle for all the years he has been a Dad. He is an awesome one, too!!
What?? You want the recipe for Chess Cake?? Here it is...
Chess Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg{stirred well}
*Put mix in lightly greased pan and press
Topping
1 box powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
*Mix together and pour over base. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!!









11 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I am going to try that Chess cake... sounds yummy... I am glad you and the kiddos have been having a fun summer!

Joanna said...

It looks like you've been having a lot of fun and making memories with your kids!

It is so true, my oldest is now 10 and I miss those days when she was a toddler. They grow up too fast!

Georgia Girl said...

By the looks of it the kids are having a blast!

Oh yeah I love me some chess cake...and to top it off so easy to make...

Yep take my word for it...Children grow up way to fast!

Glad you have had a good week of getting the basic house stuff done...you wanna come over to my place...I so don't feel like doing anything but I have to since I have neglected it the last few weeks....

Have a great weekend!

Em said...

The elusive "Cory"... Now I can see him in your kiddos! I see you also made yourself a towel like the one you made me! I usually give all my stuff away and have none of my own projects! Good for you for making yourself one! Have a fun summer... I know you are counting the days till Fall though!

Farmgirl Paints said...

That cake sounds divine. Thanks for sharing!!

Ruth said...

It looks like a great time. The kids will love these memories.
Have fun!!
Ruth

Leigh Ann said...

Looks like yummy cake. What cute kiddos!
Blessings~
Leigh Ann

Unknown said...

I can't believe you heard me ask for the recipe all the way from here. Ha, I see my little water bugs!

Jill said...

Precious!! busy doing what is most important! :)
YUMM! on the Chess cake!

Tristan said...

your babes are precious!

kelly g said...

this is my first time here at your blog, but just happened to see the chess cake recipe... thats gooey butter cake!!! i was always told that it was a st louis, mo thing, i guess its not...just called something else!!! love the blog and love gooey butter er chess cake