Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thrifting goods...God's provision...

I took my camera into Best Buy yesterday, and thought while I was in the other town that I should make the best of it and go thrifting. Boy was I glad I did!!
Our house didn't come with a vent hood or a microwave over the range. I didn't really want to shell out the $$$ that it would take to get one. God knows what we need and what we want though, and I'd like to think He honors our waiting and looking by giving it to us for less than we could have thought possible sometimes!!
{Drumroll please...}

A black microwave to go over our stove!! For...$40!! Yes, you read that right, only $40. The price tag on it was $50 and I asked for a discount. Ask and ye shall receive!!

This little grouping only cost $3.00 at various yard sales on Saturday. The table runner was free. The little lady said she didn't want to take it back home. It is in disrepair, but I am going to display it in one of my picnic baskets. Love all the work someone put into it. You can't buy that at Target.

This frame was also from a yardsale. I paid $1 for it. Kind of...It was brass originally and this is the only picture I could come up with on the fly.

I got this rolling cart at that yard sale also. I'm gonna spiffy it up with some paint and sew a liner for it.

These little treasures also came from the same yard sale as the two above photos. All of it was $6 and that included two toys for the kids. I didn't think y'all would care about a nude Ariel doll and Mater. Hahaha!!

Yesterday, I went to the Habitat ReStore and found this bed. I like it for Fisher better than this one. Plus it goes better with Jackson's bed. I think I am going to paint both of the beds navy blue to tie them together. Wanna guess how much this was??
$5.35!! Oh yeah, a great deal!!

This I also got at the ReStore. For FREE!! The man who helped me with the bed told me to just give him $5.35. I was so excited!! I love FREE!!






14 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Elise, you got some GREAT deal-e-O's... Love all that loot... The bed is super cute!

Leigh Ann said...

Wow! Great finds, you will love the micro with fan! God is Good!
Blessings~
Leigh Ann

sherri said...

Dontcha love great flea market finds? Esp the F.R.E.E. stuff!?

jamie said...

Geez louise! You sure know how to find the good stuff! I'm always amazed at your great finds!
I love having a microwave over the range! Very handy.
(Can I recommend that you check the model # for any recalls? I know that there were issues with fire hazards on some brands/models just a year or so ago)

Georgia Girl said...

Dang you did rack up some loot! I wish they had some neat places in my small town...

Rue said...

Hi Elise :)

Great deals!! Would you believe that I have the exact same frame?! I painted mine white too LOL

rue

Em said...

I can't believe you got that bed for 5 bucks! Cute stuff!!

Shannan Martin said...

Great bed! And I love the idea of painting them navy blue.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Elise!

Good job on the microwave - that is so awesome! And those yard sale things are amazing. I especially love that rolling cart. That is so retro fabulous!

XOXO
Jen

urban grace photography said...

HI, I love your blog! You are one talented lady!!

Sophie is in the homeschool kindergarten class for ballet. She is going to camp too. She loved it last year. She will be in the homeschool first grade class this year--i can't remember the technical name. She is 6. Are you going to be at ballet next year?

Jill said...

WOW!!! You amaze me!! You find more treasure...and about the God's provision...we call that a "wink from God" in our house! :) and He's a winkin' at you my friend!

Serendipity said...

I love your shopping cart! I've got a red one I use for antiquing...Be sure to post once you've added a liner...
Fun.fun.fun!

DairyQueen said...

great deals! you will LOVE that cart! I use mine all the time :)

Ruth said...

All I can say is WOW!! What great finds. I need to go thrifting somewhere I can find these great deals.

Ruth